- Top 6 Essential Tricks to Save in Barcelona
- Primavera Sound Barcelona 2020
- Your Best Choice for Luggage Storage in Barcelona
- The Best of Barcelona Carnival 2020
- Top 5 Hiking Trails in Barcelona
- Day Trip to Figueres from Barcelona
- Veto of the Polluting Vehicles in Barcelona, All You Need to Know
- 48 Hours in Barcelona, The Perfect Itinerary
- Ranking of The Best Universities in Barcelona
- Top 11 Valentine’s Day Plans in Barcelona
- This event has passed.
World Press Photo 2019 Barcelona
27 April, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 26 May, 2019 @ 11:00 pm| €5
Barcelona returns as one of the first cities to host World Press Photo, an exhibition showcasing winning photographs from photojournalism awards and global contests in digital storytelling.
This year, the theme of World Press Photo was Stories that Matter. The exhibition highlights the reality of the world we live in, that which is often hidden by the mass media, and shows what it is really like to live in different countries around the world. The photos attempt to portray the real life situation of what is happening around the world.
If last year’s exhibition highlighted what it was like to live in Venezuela, this year’s theme has been borders, one of those the Mexican border. Barcelona wants to offer visitors an experience that goes beyond just looking at photos, and the educative area of the Photographic Social Vision Foundation offers a varied programme of supplementary activities and guided tours.
There have been 140 winning photos selected from a total of 78,801 photos: entries from 4,738 photographers and international photographers.
The exhibition of winning photos will be set up in the CCB from the 27th of April to the 26th of May. Prices from €5.