- Mobile World Congress 2020 in Barcelona
- 48 Hours in Barcelona, The Perfect Itinerary
- Ranking of The Best Universities in Barcelona
- Top 11 Valentine’s Day Plans in Barcelona
- 10 Tourist Mistakes in Barcelona That Can Ruin Your Trip
- All The Information Needed To Plan Your Trip To Barcelona
- Essential Barcelona Apps to Discover The City Like a Local
- The Three Wise Men in Barcelona: Traditions and Activities
- Catalan Traditions: Sardana Dance in Barcelona
- The Greatest Parties for New Year’s Eve in Barcelona
Events List Navigation
If you like Jazz music and are in Barcelona you´re in luck, because one of the most important events of this genre of music in the world returns for another year… the Voll-Damm International Jazz Festival in Barcelona 2019!
The Voll-Damm International Jazz Festival in Barcelona 2019 celebrates is 51st edition this year, whichwill take place on the 13th October until 20th February in 2020- so no excuses not to go to some concerts! During these 5 months where Barcelona immerses itself fully into Jazz culture and host more than 70 concerts in emblematic institutions such as El Palau de la Música Catalana, la sala BARTS en el Paral·lel, el conservatorio del Liceu and, of course, The old factory of Estrella Damm- which is the official headquarters of this event.
Also, during the Voll-Damm International Jazz Festival in Barcelona 2019 they have organised diverse activities so that everyone who wants too, can partake in this movement in everyway other than simply attending a concert. In the same way, they will be able to participate in games, attend conferences, masterclasses, meet up with other artists. Above all, fully enjoy Jazz music
Some of the celebrities that participate in the festival by sharing their music with the public are: Chucho Valdés, Joan Chamorro, Kiki Morente, La Sant Andreu Jazz Band, Ignasi Terraza, La locomotora Negra and Andrea Motis, among others.
Furthermore, in the Voll-Damm International Jazz Festival in Barcelona 2019 they also present to you the event “DE CAJÓN (In the box)! Flamenco Festival of Barcelona” where some of the top stars of this beautiful art are: Dúo del Mar, Tomatito y José Mercé, Rafael Riqueni , Las Migas, Farrucos y Fernández, y Estrella Morente; and many more.
Purchasing entries and the prices of Voll-Damm International Jazz Festival in Barcelona 2019:
The festival has 43,000 tickets available, which have an average price of €30. Similarly, the event offers the following passes:
• Artist tickets (EG all the concerts of Andrea Motis)
• Barcelona Jazz, eight large concerts specially selected
• Free Jazz (30% discount on 5 or more concert entries when purchasing together)
• Sant Cugat (tickets to the two concerts at the Auditorium theatre of Sant Cugat)
These entries can be bought online, on the phone or at the ticket office
The time has come for the sales in Barcelona. The New Year means one thing-new clothes. If you like to go shopping this is one for you! Every year there are very popular sales in Barcelona where everybody enjoys going. The winter edition starts on the 7th January 2020 and last until the end of February so that means two whole months of sales in Barcelona! To be honest, everybody likes a sale, don´t they?
With the New Year on its way means that there will be lots of sales in Barcelona. Until the liberalization in 2012, they always started on 7th January but since that day, the start date has been prone to change depending on the store and place but the end date has always remained as 28th February, 2020. What will never change is the amazing offers in- store for shops like Zara and Mango, El Corte Inglés, H&M, Springfield and many more.
Sales in Barcelona
Stores put up their discount signage and are soon crowded with excited bargain hunters. The sale of Zara, Mango, H&M, Massimo Dutti, Pull and Bear, Stradivarius, Bershka and Oysho are the most popular among customers. Discounts of up to 70% are loved by everyone. Mango has started the sale already with 50% on the website and in the stores. The offers count until 1st March or when the stock is empty. For H&M are the discounts also 50% and if you are a member of H&M you can get a 10% extra discount. Asos was one of the first online web shops that had 70% discount on selected items. Zara has 40%-50% discount on all their clothes, shoes, bags and accessories. El Corte Inglés will start the sale one day before the Inditex but that will only be online and the next day the sale will start in the store itself. There will be 50% discount in all stores on the first days of the sale in the second days the discount will be 70% and will end on the last days with 90% when everything needs to go. So make sure that you won't miss out this amazing sales in Barcelona.
-Where to buy
If you want to go to the sales in Barcelona we recommend that you go to the centre of Barcelona and walk through the main highstreets: Passeig de Gràcia, Portal de l´Àngel i carrer Pelayo.
Another good option is to visit some of the best shopping centres of Barcelona, such as the Arenas, Maremagnum, Glorias or the illa DiagonalFind out more »
Barcelona Carnival is one of the most fun and entertaining festivals of the year. Carnival starts with the famous "Fat Thursday" (20 February) and finishes on Ash Wednesday (26 February). Lasting a week, it is one of the longest celebrations in the year. In Barcelona, there are many activities and events over these seven days of Carnival festivities.
“Arribo” means the “arrival”, is carnival's opening event and the moment when the Rei Carnestoltes (the carnival king) will pass by the crowds that await his arrival. The king is the main character of the festival across the whole Catalonia and is a figure that represents the spirit of joy. Aided by his seven ambassadors (one for each historic village of Barcelona, Gràcia, Horta, Les Corts, Sant Andreu, Sant Martí, and Sarrià). This will be part of the festivities on Fat Thursday, found at La Rambla on 20th February.
-Barcelona Carnival: Processions and Parades
Saturday afternoon is usually the day when the Carnival´s procession will take place. Thanks to people´s initiative, some areas of Barcelona organize many of these colorful and festive parades. One of the seven ambassadors for the Carnival king usually joins each of them. This will be on Carnival Saturday in different areas of Barcelona throughout 22nd February.
The Taronjada & the carnival king is one of the most important events in the festival and definitely one that attracts the most people. The Rei Carnestoltes reads out a satirical announcement where he comments on the most important events of the last year. This will be on Carnival Sunday in Passeig Picasso and on various streets in El Born.
L'enterro "the Burial" after several days the Rei Carnestoltes is judged and condemned to be burned to death on Carnival Tuesday. After his death on Ash Wednesday, the final event of the Barcelona Carnival is l´enterro, or the burial, which is also known as the burial of the sardine. The event includes a type of funeral procession with jokey and satirical notes that serve as a farewell to the Rei Carnestoltes and as the start of Lent. This will be on Ash Wednesday in a different place and time for each district on 26th February 2020.
Here are some popular events of the Barcelona Carnival: Els Encants de Carnival at Jardins Sociedad Recreativa, Xatonades at different areas, Arrossada popular at Àngel Vidal 17-23, Carnival bed race Jardins Casino Prado Suburense, Closing dinner at Hall Theatre Casino Prado Suburense and many more.
So make sure you won´t miss out this year’s carnival week in Barcelona to have a wonderful time here and lots of fun!Find out more »
The GSMA MWC series (also known as the Mobile World Congress 2020 in Barcelona) is the world´s largest exhibition for the mobile industry, incorporating a leadership conference featuring prominent executives representing global mobile operators, device manufactures, technology providers, vendors and content owners.
The event topics are: AI sponsored by NVIDIA, Connectivity the 5G Era sponsored by Deloitte, Customer engagement sponsored by Braze, Industry X sponsored by Citi, Media & Entertainment sponsored by ViacomCBS, Our planet, Security & Privacy.
The Mobile World Congress 2020 in Barcelona offers many activities and conferences that are perfect for those interested in getting to know about all the latest news in the sector of mobiles and technology. Here is the timetable for the most important sessions:
-Monday 24 February
• 09:00 Accenture Monday session, Amazon Web Services Monday session, Keynote 1.
• 10:00 5G tour, China Unicom MEC Edge Cloud Business Achievement Conference, opening Ceremony, Open Lab Presentation by Automation Anywhere, Speed of the Future: realme 5G launch event.
• 11:00 Venue tour, Women4Tech keynote
• Other discussions on until 18:30.
-Tuesday 25 February
• 09:00 Accenture Tuesday session, GTI summit 2020.
• 10:00 Open lab Presentation by its Me, The Future of Connectivity.
• 11:00 Big data Tour, Venue Tour, The big Debate: is Consumer 5G a ROI Nightmare.
• 12:00 Rethinking the Mayflower with AI & Edge, Digital Health and Wellness Summit: Digital Health & Innovation Showcase
• Other discussions on until 18:30.
-Wednesday 26 February
• 09:00 GUTMA Connected Skies, Accenture Wednesday session, Me&We Commerce.
• 10:00 IoT tour, Fintech Summit: opening keynote, from local to National: An overview of Spanish Ecosystem.
• 11:00 The Value of Data: Understanding your Customers, What´s hot at MWC Tour, Security in the Industry x Era.
• 12:00 The age of aCommerce, Scaling a Startup with Corporate Involvement: The opportunity of New Tech Platforms
• Other discussions on until 18:30.
-Thursday 27 February
• 09:00 Accenture Thursday session, Changing Education Together: Exploring Digital Citizenship and the Future of Work.
• 10:00 Marketing Technology tour, Lightening Hour: Product as a Service, GSMA Executive Masterclass: Innovating using 5G + AI.
• 11:00 Transformative al Tour
• more until 14:30.
The dates of the events: Monday, 24 February – Thursday, 27 February 2020
Location: Fira Gran Via with selected events, including 4YFN taking place at Fira Montjuïc.
Passes for the Mobile World Congress 2020 in Barcelona range from 799-4999 euros.Find out more »