This ski resort near Barcelona is perfect for a day trip, and if you can make a weekend of it then that’s even better. La Molina is surrounded by mountain peaks that reach over 2500 meters into the crisp blue skies, and offers some of the best winter sports facilities near Barcelona.
La Molina one of the oldest ski resorts in Spain, and is also one of the closest to Barcelona. Its 53 slopes cover 61km of downhill runs of all different levels.
Beginners and children are in luck, there are 13 green and 16 blue slopes to enjoy. More advanced skiers will be challenged by 17 red slopes and 7 black ones which snake their way down the steeper sides of the mountains.
Snowboarders are also very well looked after at La Molina, and any boarder who has mastered the “staying upright” technique can let rip with tricks at the two snowparks. The Alabaus snowpark includes the only 170m long superpipe in the Pyrenees, and the Trampoline Snowpark has rails, jumps, and a spectacular wallride.
If neither skiing nor snowboarding appeal, the good news is that there are plenty of other winter activities for you to enjoy here. These include exploring this winter wonderland on foot with snow rackets, or taking a white-knuckle ride through the snow on motor sledges.
Restaurants at La Molina
After a morning on the slopes you’ll be ready for a rest and some refreshments. The Restaurant El Bosc offers delicious traditional Catalan dishes. There are also several bars by the slopes where you can get freshly made sandwiches and quick snacks to maximize your ski time!
- Equipment rental: Prices start from 19,50€/day to rent skis, poles and boots for adults, and 27,50€ for full snowboard kit.
- Top up your ski pass online: Avoid the queues and go straight on the slopes with this innovative service. Pay for your ski pass top up online and you’ll get special discounts too.
- Day trip offers: These packages include train transport and skipass for 41€ (adults), and bus offers that include skipass and insurance from 38€.
- Ski pass: A day pass for adults costs 41€ and 31€ for kids during high season or 39€ for adults and 29€ for kids in low season (last 2 weeks of November).
- Kids Area: If you’re planning an outing with the little ones, check out the fun area for kids in Coll de Pal, which even has a “tubbing” activity slope.
- Learn the basics at a ski school: There are nine ski and snowboard schools which offer everything from one-off private classes to larger group classes spread over several days.
Find out more on www.lamolina.cat