- Mobile World Congress 2020 in Barcelona
- 48 Hours in Barcelona, The Perfect Itinerary
- Ranking of The Best Universities in Barcelona
- Top 11 Valentine’s Day Plans in Barcelona
- 10 Tourist Mistakes in Barcelona That Can Ruin Your Trip
- All The Information Needed To Plan Your Trip To Barcelona
- Essential Barcelona Apps to Discover The City Like a Local
- The Three Wise Men in Barcelona: Traditions and Activities
- Catalan Traditions: Sardana Dance in Barcelona
- The Greatest Parties for New Year’s Eve in Barcelona
- This event has passed.
The Major Party of Sant Martí and the Verneda in Barcelona
4 November, 2019 - 17 November, 2019
Neighbourhood parties are one of the most important events in each district of Barcelona, as it is the moment in which all neighbours go out to the street, come together and celebrate the major party of Sant Martí and the Verneda in Barcelona and all that live in the area. Also, the environment of the Santa Martí and Verneda parties in Barcelona is very special as they are not like the other microfestivals, with this environment is very traditional and family orientated, therefore it is perfect to immerse yourself entirely with locals and Catalan culture.
The story of the major party of Sant Martí and the Verneda in Barcelona began in the 9th century when the Parish of Sant Martí separated from Santa Maria del Mar. In the middle ages, Sant Martí was one of the most popular saints in Europe, so much so that once the church was built, people moved as close as possible to it. Little by little, they created this district, which, in the 14th century, thanks to the expansion of Barcelona, was absorbed by this and became another neighbourhood.
During the major party of Sant Martí and the Verneda in Barcelona, you will be able to enjoy many popular activities organised by many committees and members of the neighbourhood:
• Parade of giants and capgrossos: this will be done by the Rambleta Selva de Mar I, just as every year, featuring the presence of its protagonists, the giants couple Martí and la Dolça.
• Popular Paella making event
• Workshops and activities for kids
• Castellers of Barcelona tower as well as the castellers of Gavà and from Montcada/Reixac
• Havana concert: which will signal the end of this party
The major party of Sant Martí and the Verneda in Barcelona is always celebrated on the fifth-night of November. This year the exact dates of the celebration will be between the 4th and 17th of November. The streets and locations where they will have the diverse spectacles and activities are: Can Planas, el Fondal de la Verneda, el espacio La Gàbia del parque de Sant Martí, las calles de Menorca, Agricultura, Treball y Huelva.